Nowadays, many people are avoiding western medical treatments such as prescription medication and surgery. Instead they are looking out for alternative healthcare methods. There are many side-effects of medical procedures. Surgeries too are often traumatic and uncomfortable. They leave scars that remain with the patient throughout their lifetime. In contrast, alternative healthcare practices, like chiropractic, are natural and non-invasive. Chiropractic care services are being utilized increasingly for various neuromusculoskeletal issues. However, in order to receive the care tailored best to you, you need to provide accurate health history which can be very personal. This makes choosing a chiropractor and chiropractic office that you are comfortable with critical.
Qualities of an Ideal Chiropractor-
- Highly trained and educated: To be a licensed and certified chiropractor, training and education are of utmost importance. Without education a chiropractor will not know the different methods of treating their patients. Moreover, without proper training they may be putting the patient’s life at risk. The importance of education isn’t so much in how to properly adjust a joint (that being very important) but when not to perform an adjustment and refer an individual to another healthcare professional for more appropriate care.
- Knowledge and experience: Although education is critical for any healthcare field, a good chiropractor will also be intuitive. Every patient has a different body type and different complications. Books can teach the chiropractor about rules, but applying those rules to a living being requires experience. Moreover, knowledge of the human body in various conditions is also vital.
- Uses advanced technologies: Many new technologies are being introduced almost everyday in the medical and healthcare field. Chiropractors use multiple gadgets and devices to help their patients’ troubles. A good chiropractic clinic should be equipped with functional tools. Moreover, the complete staff should know the protocols to accurately use those equipment. They all should be ready to accept new technology to improve the efficiency of their treatments.
- Make you feel comfortable: Many patients do not feel comfortable sharing private information about themselves to anyone. A good chiropractor will make them feel at ease and let them reveal private information at their pace. One more way of comforting patients is by letting them know in advance about the methods and techniques that the practitioner will use during the office visit. This way the patient will not be surprised by anything. Patients should also be told about the risks and their preventive measures before starting the therapy.
- Strong communication skills: Chiropractic is not simply analyzing x-rays and diagnosing the patient. A good chiropractor should be able to readily listen to their patients and their complications. They should also explain their procedures to the patients. Strong communication skills also help the practitioners and patients to continue their relationship even after the procedures are completed. Quality networking will help maintain patient loyalty towards the chiropractor.
When Should You Seek a Chiropractor?
There are various reasons why people go to chiropractors. Here are some common reasons to visit a chiropractor-
- Chronic headaches or migraine
- Muscle and joint pains
- Chronic back pain
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Post-injury rehabilitation
- Pregnancy pains
Treatments Used by Chiropractors
- Chiropractic Adjustments
- Physical therapy modulations
- Manual therapy
- Patient education
- Nutrition counseling
- rehabilitation exercises
About Happy Family Chiropractic-
Are you looking for an experienced chiropractor in Juneau? Visit us at Happy Family Chiropractic. We provide services like chiropractic adjustments, physical examinations, and re-evaluation exams at our clinic. Get your free consultation or book your appointment now! Call us at (907) 531-7604 or email us for more details.
Disclaimer: This article has been written for educational purposes only. If you are experiencing any health issues we recommend that you seek medical attention. You are more than welcome to contact Happy Family Chiropractic with any of your medical concerns and we can help guide you to appropriate treatment whether through chiropractic or through medical intervention. This article and the information herein is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. Please consult us or your medical doctor before you attempt any changes that could impact your health.