Most often, people reach out to alternative health care professionals for simple issues like stiff and aching backs and necks. However, the chiropractic approach is not just an alternative back pain care or alternative neck pain care. Chiropractors can help ease many other complex pains that recur in patients throughout their lives. The chiropractic adjustment of the spine may aid in healing ailments you were not previously aware of.
Here are a few things that your chiropractor can treat
- Lower Back and Sacroiliac Joint Pain: Lower back pain results from too much stress, intense physical activities, reclining, overworking and many other causes. Misalignment in the vertebrae of the spine can cause severe chronic back pain. The sacroiliac joint is a large joint present at the base of the spine. If this joint becomes dysfunctional, it leads to back pain that travels to the buttocks and back of the legs. A simple adjustment of the SI joint can help alleviate that joint pain by allowing the joint to function better. Chiropractors would also instruct you with light core exercises and tips to prevent stress on the SI joint.
- Neck Pain: If you have neck pain, you might want to take alternative neck pain care. Chiropractors use maneuvers, called neck adjustments, to help give ease to the patient with such issues. Along with alternative care, a few exercises can help you get healthy quicker.
- Tension Headaches: Most people today lead a stressful life. This stress manifests itself in many forms, one being headaches. Bad posture can also cause tension headaches. Chiropractors can help with headaches through neck adjustments and postural coaching. They will also advise exercises and healthy ways like proper posture and body mechanics to reduce such tension headaches.
- Migraine: Migraines are other types of headaches that can be triggered by many factors like light, obesity, heavy workouts, and much more. Migraine episodes can last from a few hours to a couple of days if not treated. They can present as severe throbbing pain in the sides of the head, and be very severe. Spinal manipulations can reduce migraine pains by correcting the misaligned vertebrae and reducing strain on the spine.
- Whiplash associated injuries: A neck injury caused by sudden acceleration or deceleration of the head and neck is referred to as a whiplash injury. Common symptoms experienced in the neck after a whiplash-associated injury are discomfort, pain during movement, stiffness, and dizziness. Alternative neck pain care and adjustments can be beneficial to reduce symptoms associated with whiplash.
- Pregnancy Pains: As the fetus grows during pregnancy the body of the mother is forced to change. Weight can increase, spinal posture will have to change to accommodate, and many other abnormal stressors can have a varied effect on the mother. With careful chiropractic spinal adjustments, the shifted vertebrae are aligned to reduce that stress and help allow the body to function better.
- Sciatica: Sciatica is a sharp pain traveling down to the knees when the sciatic nerve is irritated or compressed. Chiropractic care can help reduce this pain over time, by helping align the structures that surround the sciatic nerve and cause its irritation.
About Happy Family Chiropractic-
Restore your body’s normal and pain-free functioning with alternative health care professionals in Juneau. Do visit us at Happy Family Chiropractic. We provide services like chiropractic re-adjustments, physical examinations, and re-evaluation exams at our clinic. Get your free consultation or book your appointment now! Call us on (907) 531-7604 or email us for more details.
Disclaimer: This article has been written for educational purposes only. If you are experiencing any health issues we recommend that you seek medical attention. You are more than welcome to contact Happy Family Chiropractic with any of your medical concerns and we can help guide you to appropriate treatment whether through chiropractic or through medical intervention. This article and the information herein is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. Please consult us or your medical doctor before you attempt any changes that could impact your health.